Monday, March 19, 2007

Yard Sale Preparations

OK - considering my first meager attempts at a yard sale never really had a chance - combination of lack of advertising on my part (Craigslist and word of mouth amongst friends) and bad weather that hit on Friday, and kept it cold over the weekend, didn't seem to quite cut it, and so it was a washout. No-one, absolutely not one soul showed up.... I felt bummed, but am glad that I'm around next weekend to be able to afford the time to try again. And this time, I really hope it'll be even just a little better.

For increased advertising, I'm now looking to the local City Paper, Pennysaver (depending on costs), Craigslist again, going to post signs in my local grocery store and library, as well as word of mouth amongst friends and co-workers (again). That and forecasts of far better weather (at least temperature-wise) over the weekend should very definitely help (at least I hope!!!).

Here's my updated ad in Craigslist that I posted last Monday night, followed by the one I've just posted this afternoon (almost identical, but different photos):

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/gms/292981285.html

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/gms/296747129.html

Posted a free ad through City Paper's website this morning to get in before their 12 noon deadline, and must get back to work to prepare some ads for my local grocery store & library....

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.