Monday, March 05, 2007

Seem to have found a new place to move to....

.......but don't want to say too much for fear of jinxing it, as I haven't signed the lease yet. It's in Baltimore City, and found it a couple of weeks ago, and everything was right about this place, except for the timing of it. Owner wanted me to move in straight away, but I indicated that the earliest I could possibly move in was the w/end of March 10th, (on the basis my current landlady seriously wanted me out by March 14th), but that I could be where I'm at until March 31st. Well, as it now happens, I am at my current abode 'til March 31st, as I have a receipt to indicate as such, though my rent check hasn't cleared my account yet..... And this new place's owner now is offering me this place to move into next weekend, so has prorated the March rent for me......

I talked with my boyfriend about it, and he's indicated that I should go there, as all other indications were that it's a good fit; rent works out slightly cheaper and inclusive of utilities (unlike my current abode!), nicer house, far nicer neighborhood, roommates seem more civilized and quieter than my current ones, it's a monthly lease situation (perfect for me, as I really didn't want to be tied to an extended lease of any sort), so I've decided to bite the bullet, and pay double rent for the bulk of March. But at least it's one less worry of where I'll be on April 1st regarding an abode!!

Have also started putting some stuff into storage, and am looking at various items to get rid of and sell in a yard/moving sale. Have already sold a couple of pieces - my coffee table to my roommate, and the matching console table to a friend from a women's group that I'm a member of.... It's a start, and will have to decide on a real yard/moving sale some weekend during the month of March... It's slowly coming together, and I feel I'm in such a transition now, it's more stress than I'm comfortable with, but that's life too.....

I'm so thankful for my boyfriend, as he's been very patient and supportive of me, and knows work is a bit stressful at the moment too....... Also, I have to bring my car in for repairs this morning to the collision center where I got my estimate of damages done (one of my insurance companies preferred collision centers/body shops), and so I'll get a rental car from them, so at least all the paperwork can and will be done at the one place rather than bringing Enterprise or any other rental car agency and having to deal with them too.

It seems when it rains, it pours, but trying to look at everything going on in my life right now, I'm trying to look at things positively, and it's difficult at times, but these things are happening for a reason, and am trying to learn some lessons here.... I tend to be the kind of person who puts up with too much of what's not quite good enough for me for way too long, and for no good reason.....hence my living in a house with roommates and a landlady I never really cared for, for way too long - can't believe I stuck it out here for 2 years!!! Am looking to want to buy my own place, and figure that this year will be the year for some good changes!!! Keep positive, keep positive, keep positive........my new mantra!!!

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.