On the way home, we had to stop for gas, as my tank was getting pretty empty (the warning light had come on, which I haven't allowed it to happen in months!), and low-and-behold, I spent $54 to fill up my car!! I was shocked a few weeks ago to have spent over the $40 mark (I think I spent about $44 that time), but I have never, ever, with any car I've had, spent over $50 before, so this is a first. And I don't consider my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant to be a gas guzzler either :-/ Thankfully, I don't own an SUV, and don't see one of those vehicles in my future......, but am wondering about how to work around the increased prices, as I'm sure many, many people are......
Monday, June 09, 2008
More Knitting, and Ouch at the Gas pump
I'm addicted to the Ruffles Scarf Pattern from Pam Allen's Scarf Style book, and am currently in the middle of knitting my 3rd one in a row!! I took it with me yesterday to the LPGA at Bulle Rock Golf Course in Harve de Grace, MD - I was lucky enough to get free tickets from work, and my boyfriend and I were able to attend. We had a great time, even surviving the scorching heat, by using plenty of sunscreen, and drinking LOTS of fluid, mostly water....... And in between, I got the opportunity to work some more on my knitting....

On the way home, we had to stop for gas, as my tank was getting pretty empty (the warning light had come on, which I haven't allowed it to happen in months!), and low-and-behold, I spent $54 to fill up my car!! I was shocked a few weeks ago to have spent over the $40 mark (I think I spent about $44 that time), but I have never, ever, with any car I've had, spent over $50 before, so this is a first. And I don't consider my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant to be a gas guzzler either :-/ Thankfully, I don't own an SUV, and don't see one of those vehicles in my future......, but am wondering about how to work around the increased prices, as I'm sure many, many people are......
On the way home, we had to stop for gas, as my tank was getting pretty empty (the warning light had come on, which I haven't allowed it to happen in months!), and low-and-behold, I spent $54 to fill up my car!! I was shocked a few weeks ago to have spent over the $40 mark (I think I spent about $44 that time), but I have never, ever, with any car I've had, spent over $50 before, so this is a first. And I don't consider my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant to be a gas guzzler either :-/ Thankfully, I don't own an SUV, and don't see one of those vehicles in my future......, but am wondering about how to work around the increased prices, as I'm sure many, many people are......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| You Belong in Milan |
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment