Sunday, April 01, 2007

"The Move" is finally over!

OK, am now finally, oh so finally, ensconced up here in my new place in the Guilford neighborhood in Baltimore, and am still in the process of trying to organize myself in my new place. The final end of the move happened on Friday, 3/30, and seemed to have gone well for most of the day. My boyfriend came with me to help me pick up the UHaul on Friday morning, a little earlier than planned, but that was fine, as it gave us the head start that we needed. Then packed it up with mostly furniture to bring to storage in Glen Burnie, then back to the house, to pack up the bed, and some other bits and pieces, and then up to Baltimore to face the real challenge of the day for the 2 of us, and that was to bring the queen-sized bed up two flights of stairs to my room :-/. We managed, but not without him indicating that the next time I move, he'll be busy that weekend!!!??!!

But got my man out on time to meet with his sailing buddies for 4pm, and me on my merry way to get gas for the truck, and to return it, which all happened by 4:30pm, grabbed food, and got home to eat by 5pm, and was totally anxious as a woman who said she'd call during the day to pick up a piece of furniture that I was getting rid of through www.freecycle.com hadn't called yet, and I really needed everything gone.... Called her at 5:40pm, and she was out to me in an hour, and the couch was taken by a guy who came out at 7pm that night, so I finally was able to get all the big stuff out of my way. Other folks had come out last Monday night to pick up other stuff I couldn't sell at either attempts at my yard sale, so that worked fine for me.

Only problem was that I still had a few too many "piddly" things still left in the house, and in between cleaning/vacuuming/straightening things up as best as I could, I found myself spending more time taking care of stuff than I thought it was going to take, so by the time my man got back at around 8:30/9pm, I was tired/stressed/wound up, and totally spaced out and on edge. Suffice to say, an argument ensued, and caused for a not very good night's sleep, and he left yesterday, not a happy camper......... Nothing like the stress of a whole move to bring out the "best" in a relationship.....! It's a downer on top of what was an almost smooth move out of the house, but luckily, I've had unpacking and further reorganization to keep me busy.

Also, managed to make it out for a hike yesterday afternoon at Patapsco State Park in Catonsville, though I was late for meeting my friends, and so hiked by myself, but met them afterwards, which was nice. Then other friends were having a BBQ later, so we got to join them......and then tonight, I got to meet with my Stitch 'n Bitch group (knitting and gossip, and gossip covers everything from local politics, work, kids/family, whatever's going on in our lives, etc.), so that was great to hang out with some women friends, and have a badly needed glass of wine...very relaxing.

Will be waiting with anticipation as to how my much shorter commute will be tomorrow - will be one of the many things that I will not miss about my old place..!!

Until next time, good night....am off to bed, as I'm sooooo tired!

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.