Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas Shopping........

Got some done today, and it's great to be in the process of getting some shopping done, and FINISHED for some folks!! Not planning on doing too much shopping, as I want to simplify and stay within budget. Mainly, I shop for my nephew and niece, and then my boyfriend, and may get one or two items for his (grown) kids, and possibly something small for his parents if we end up going to visit them for Christmas. But at least I've now got "my 2 kids" taken care of, just have to giftwrap, box up, and mail the packages off to Ireland. AGAIN, I haven't planned it far enough in advance to send their packages via surface mail instead of airmail, so the USPS will be doing well by me again this Christmas. :-/

Started working on some of my boyfriend's gifts, and was seriously irritated when I got home this evening to find one of the items purchased was missing from the bag, so I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow or this coming week to pick up. Called the store, and they indicated it was fine to do so, as long as I have my receipt..........grrrrrrr....the guy must not have put it into the bag, as I looked all over for it (it's a small item - stocking stuffer, yet something I know he'll really appreciate). Such is life, I guess.........oh well.....

Am looking to cook dinner again this year for me & my man, as it went down so well last year, but this year, I'll have him help with the grocery shopping (i.e., share the cost of buying the food), and also help out in the kitchen. Last year, he was recovering from surgery that he had 5 days before Christmas, so I forgave him for not helping out too much, if at all!!!! It was part of my Christmas gift to him anyway! Depending on if we visit his parents, we can cook for them too, as they're both elderly, and in poorer health, and so neither cooks. So, we'll see if a visit to York, PA will be on the cards, but probably will happen anyway, even if just to visit with his kids. Will make up for the fact that I won't be making back home to Ireland (again!) to visit my family, as I have such little time off, and the flights are too cost-prohibitive at this time of year too. I'm hoping to make it home for Christmas next year, as I haven't been in Ireland for Christmas since 2002 (but have been home plenty of other times since, of course!).

Anyhow, must get back to chilling and watching some TV, and getting into some knitting tonight, as I haven't touched my needles and yarn in sooooo long!! So many projects, and they've been on the needles way too long, and something needs to be done. Will have to take some photos of finished projects, hopefully, I'll have some to post in the New Year.......

Nite, nite for now...........

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.