Monday, December 29, 2008

Continuing to enjoy the Christmas Hols!

This year, with having been employed by my company for 5 years, I've now gotten a 3rd week of added vacation a year, so I've managed to set aside 2 weeks of it for Christmas/New Year's. Originally, I thought and hoped to have gotten back home to visit my family and friends in Ireland. Unfortunately, flight prices were just too expensive, and also, it worked out that my boyfriend didn't have quite the same amount of vacation time left to take off for 2 weeks, so hence our reason for staying put in Baltimore. We cooked dinner up at his Mother's place in York, PA (his hometown), so that worked out fine, though I have to admit, that I probably spent more time in the kitchen than I probably should have - I was a little too ambitious with the amount of side dishes planned, I guess, and couldn't organize myself properly to have himself come help me - my bad!! Anyway, it was still a lovely time....

Here's our Christmas tree, which I was very pleased with how it turned out. We moved into a new place together in October, and it's a very small Baltimore rowhome, and with space being so tight, we weren't sure about being able to accommodate a tree. But luckily, we found a 6-7ft tree, that was quite narrow, and it's worked perfectly for us!

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.