Monday, January 21, 2008

First Movie of the Year

We finally got to see our first movie of the year yesterday, as we decided to head up to Hunt Valley to got window-shopping. The boy needs new hiking boots, as the pair that he's had for about the past 15 years finally fell apart last weekend (at least the left boot did - the sole finally broke away from the shoe while we were out for a walk in a local neighborhood, and luckily it happens on our way home!)....we found a new pair at a decent price at DSW, but will have to wait 'til next payday in the hopes they'll still be there. In the meantime, I was able to buy a new pair of slippers to replace the pair I had bought at DSW about 4 or 5 years ago, that have been showing their age in recent months. I am pretty pleased with them, and they were very inexpensive too! A photo is included to show off my new "furry friends"!!!

Anyhow, as it was so cold outside, and we weren't into doing too much window-shopping due to post-Christmas budget constraints, we decided to catch a matinee at the movie theater, and got to see "Charlie Wilson's War". We enjoyed it, and are always glad to catch a movie at the theater, as it's something we don't tend to do as often as we'd like to..... I just have to take more care in the amount of buttered popcorn I eat, as it seems to not sit as well with me the older I get :-/ But it was a fun time!

No comments:

Bunny Hero Labs

You Belong in Milan
Stylish and sophisticated, you want to enjoy a truly European life - away from tourists! Milan fits you perfectly. Great shopping, high quality food, lots of culture... with very little hype.